Re: BF1 How Many of You Guys Pre-Order Ultimate or Deluxe Edition???

Debating still on buying the game before the end of the year. Have a few questions for those who've been rocking the BF1 recently.

-How does the feel of BF1 compare to previous versions, mainly BF3?
-What is the competitive scene for BF1 looking like, if any?
-What the forecast for longevity for BF1? Three or so good solid years or fewer?

Been completely wrapped in CS:GO with b00ts (BrentP) as of late. I'm starting to notice a heavy loss in reaction time as I'm not 23 anymore.

Meaning, I'm looking to return to my roots in the Battlefield series, convince me to buy BF1.

:Feel ; Feels like butter
:comp scene ; No fn idea
:Forecast ; Very busy at this point...The enthusiasm for the game will be sustainable and well populated for a long,long time. Yes three or more good solid years.
:Opinion ; Do you even 3MOB ... I recommend buying it. The leveling up is directly related to what you can use for superior weapons. There is also a class specific weapon access criteria, as well as a global level weapon access criteria. In short the longer you wait to get into the game, the greater the disadvantage on multiple levels. The game is smooth and challenging .Something i think would be right up you're alley booze. I have not seen our viop this busy in years.We had about ten of us in game and in comms on the weekend.Hope to see you and kity etc .The rest is up to you bro.....
Last edited by macgregor1964 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Debating still on buying the game before the end of the year. Have a few questions for those who've been rocking the BF1 recently.

-What the forecast for longevity for BF1? Three or so good solid years or fewer?

Been completely wrapped in CS:GO with b00ts (BrentP) as of late. I'm starting to notice a heavy loss in reaction time as I'm not 23 anymore.

Meaning, I'm looking to return to my roots in the Battlefield series, convince me to buy BF1.
They did a very good job balancing the game. I think support needs a little love but the other three classes are well balanced. The tanks are very powerful but can be countered and feel in balance.

I miss the leveling of BF4 in this game, but the system they have works. Once I get further and war bonds are less of an issue I will pay for all the guns, but at the start you need to do some research or end up with only an ok gun for quite some time.

I haven't had any "#&!$ random bullet spread/hit markers" moments yet which I appreciate.

The game is gorgeous, with environmental effects that really add to the gameplay. I have no idea of anything on the competitive side of things.

I can see playing this game for years, and the overall feeling I get is the community is pretty happy as a whole. So I expect it to be around for some time.

They do need to fix the party system though. They are making it hard to get online with friends sometimes.

-What's the forecast for longevity for BF1? Three or so good solid years or fewer?

-How does the feel of BF1 compare to previous versions, mainly BF3? > No comparison to either in my opinion.... just different is all I can say. The soldier movement feels fluid to me and much more so than BF4. Overall it "feels and plays" very well. It does have the immersion factor based on feel and this is the gold standard of a good fps for me. Can I play it for more than 10 minutes and easily forget I'm wasting time on a game? Yes.

-What is the competitive scene for BF1 looking like, if any? > No idea but based on what I have played there has to be more potential with this title than 3 or 4. If they can successfully orchestrate all the pieces that would make it happen is another story. No idea.

-What's the forecast for longevity for BF1? Three or so good solid years or fewer? > Interesting question. My guess is it will have to be good till the next one right? Early players will have a tremendous advantage however which could deter new people coming in later down the line. Takes a good bit to rank up and level classes up to get "viable weapons". They may offer weapon packs later (knowing EA they will ca$h in on that option at some point) but for now you gotta put in the time, i.e. get rank to even get most of the better gear.

Speaking of better gear... I just equipped my soldier with what seems to me to be the best all around Medic Rifle. The Selbstlader M1916 Marksman. Love it. Game changer for me. Can easily go + on my k/d easily on most rounds now. You know me I still prefer infantry heavy gameplay and fortunately in BF1 there's lots of that. Although some maps are more catered to infantry only (without the airship and tanks).

Overall I'd say grab it and if you can tolerate the first 20-30 hours of learning the mechanics of the game, level up some, and buy a few good guns you'll really like it. Will it be the only fps you want to play for the first 6 months? Doubt it. It's good but not that good.

Re: 2 Designated Voice Channels For BF1

Please note that there are now 2 voice channels designated for BF1 Gameplay.

Casual Play Channel

BF1 Casual Play. Casual Play is the channel to use if your're: (1) Casually playing the game in a relaxed tone whereby you don't wish to actively communicate with the team via tactical in-game communications.
(2) You don't want to commit to working the objectives together as a group and maybe you just want to lone-wolf it, work on an assignment, etc.

Using the Casual Play Channel does not imply you're not a "team player". It simply means you'd like to do your own thing, play your own objectives, or "dick around" as we often describe it.
We all chose this play style from time to time... now there's a designated channel for it :-)

Tactical Play Channel

BF1 Tactical Play. Tactical Play is simply that... tactical, organized, team-work oriented game-play whereby the expectations on communication and orchestrated game-play are much higher than that of casual play.

It's important to note that you don't have to be a comp type player with amazing skills/kd to use this channel. You simply need to be: (1) A player that communicates effectively in-game. (2) Plays the assigned objectives, and follows the direction of the group/squad leaders.

One of the core principles that sparked the founding of our community was the benefit of using in-game comms effectively. Doing so facilitates team-work oriented game-play that in most scenarios will easily overwhelm the vast majority of "disorganized" casual players. It also makes for a much richer gaming experience whereby camaraderie is fostered through both wins and losses.

We are a relaxed group but please be respectful and accommodating of these new BF1 voice channel designations. If you come into the Tactical Channel and do not attempt to play tactical as defined above by "doing your own thing" you may be politely asked to join the casual channel.