Re: Battlefield 1 Official Gameplay Trailer - Thoughts???

I watched the gameplay , and saw that EA made so much money from ripping us off on BF4, they could afford to have Terry Cruz. Zav Efron, Snoop Dog , Jamie Fox and other celebrities to hype and promote a game that to me does not impress. To be honest i dont know how anyone can have an objective opinion until they actually play it, and see if it is as fd up as BF4 was, and is for so many. I am sure there are some that really like the BF1 platform just because it offers something new. I will reserve judgement until i get feedback from people not being paid to push it. Like i said so far based on my subjective opinion NOT impressed at all. Same poop different pile. I hope my honesty doesnt offend anyone but i refuse to blindly support EA. This is also my opinion only and does not represent the opinion of the 3MOB community at large.

I will reserve judgement until I get feedback from people not being paid to push it.
If all that you posted is "reserved judgement" damn.... I'd hate to see what your "unreserved judgement" is. Doesn't read too reserved to me but oh well we're all entitled to our thoughts and take on things. I definitely have not forgotten the woes of the BF4 launch but am going to do my best to not let that negatively taint mentions of the next Battlefield.

They "EA/DICE" definitely have a lot to prove and I think they are well aware of that challenge. As far as EA/DICE making money... I think we all know they are a for profit company. I could be wrong but I do not think they "paid" any of the celebs for attending the EA Play event. Maybe some fancy perks, champagne, after-party etc. but likely no direct fees paid for them to attend an LA based event.

I think you're rationale became tainted when you witnessed during livestream that it takes just 3 ati-tank grenades to destroy the tank you'll be rolling in. :tank-2:

The game off course looks very good . To be expected with FB3. The gameplay showed that everybody or most are still lone wolves. I will not pre order on the hype of all the "YTubers" as honest as they are, I will wait to participate in the Beta and then decide. I did that for Battlefront but did not buy as the game did not suit my preferred FPS style .

Nevertheless I think that BF1 will apply a lot of what was learned through CTE BF4 and the game if not stellar will be a very good game. The BF franchise is now replacing COD albeit as a hybrid of strategy and arcade.
A small oasis when one wants to jump in and out and relax.
peace out.

BF1 Gameplay via LevelCap

I will wait to participate in the Beta and then decide. Nevertheless I think that BF1 will apply a lot of what was learned through CTE BF4 and the game if not stellar will be a very good game.
Same here. Waiting on the Beta play and I'm definitely not pre-ordering prior to that like I did with 4 & 3. I also anticipate the beta and subsequent launch will be very smooth... nothing like 4.

From what I have seen from gameplay of the alpha and smaller people that stream the game and were lucky enough to play the Alpha. I think the game looks promising. Does it mean I will pre order at first sight? Hell no. I made that mistake with Hardline and I'll never do it again. The servers the game runs on all seem to be at a 60hz high tick-rate which compared to BF4's first launch with low tick-rate. This means less lag and a much smoother game. I will not go into BF1 expecting a terrible launch just because of BF4. BF4's shit launch had most of its issues because of DICE just using the new Frostbite 3 engine for the first time. Now that the game engine has been used and all the quirks have been fixed I expect the smooth gameplay we currently have in BF4 to transition into BF1 but with different gameplay elements. After seeing Battlefront's somewhat stable launch I think I can trust EA/DICE to not disappoint. I will still wait to the beta to really make my decision on the purchase. The game looks like something I personally have wanted to see Battlefield do for a long time. Go backwards in time but with the Frostbite 3 engine. Hopefully all turns out well and the game plays great. Once I get hands on that beta I will know for sure.

I'm quite excited for this game. Do I know why? No, other than can they really put out another game as bad as BF4 was on release? They could honestly put out a piece of poop, as Mac described, and it'd still be better than the BF4 release. Though that doesn't prove much, the graphics and 'feel' of the game (visually, as I've yet to play it) give good vibes and bring a vintage atmosphere like the first FPS games.

I hope they keep the guns simple and don't add too many irrelevant attachment that clearly weren't available back in the early 1900's. My biggest concerns are the hit reg even though that can easily be fixed after launch and also the tick rate. I'd like for my rounds to feel like they have weight behind them, unlike in BF4 where they litterally balanced every single gun. This isn't a realism shooter, I understand that, but when you have weapons that shoot peas with a horrid tick rate and rubbish hit reg, it's really frustrating to benefit those who have competent aim.

Also, I think EA and Dice have done an excellent job on the sound once again. It's one element of gaming that I feel most people underrate. The small detailed sounds like the ammo jingle while running or vaulting over objects, the in-vehicle sounds are distorted (as they should be), and even the lady voice when objectives are captured or lost.

As a huge WWII buff, I'm glad they didn't go the easy route and throw out another Nazi vs Allies game. Though my expectations will be tempered, I'm highly interested in this game and haven't been this excited for a game release since BF3. This all, however, could change if the community feedback starts to derail off it's current path and if the Beta proves me otherwise. I also fear EA/Dice may take their foot off the throttle knowing that the COD game has lost the battle before the games are released.

Let's hope they knock the ball out of the f*cking park because I'm ready to get back on the Battlefield.

new Frostbite 3 engine for the first time. Now that the game engine has been used and all the quirks have been fixed

??? Really "fixed" lol You tried using C4 lately, or have a flag continue to flash even though it is a fully owned objective.Or watch the ice skating soldiers.hit reg, etc etc.
Smooth, not so much.I have higher standards than that when it costs me 120.00$. I will most likely not buy BF1 simply because it is an antiquated platform. ( I have watched hours of live streaming BF1 ) I think a lot of players are excited to allow themselves back into BF gaming,seeing as they have given up on it, and do not play at all any more.
I personally have never left and continue to enjoy playing BF3 and BF4 with the active members of the 3MOB community.....That said i hope BF1 plays perfectly for those of you that are enthusiastic about the new game.

Thanks for the comments Minos. It is good to see you in the forums and contributing ..