• paintballnut0 - Has Game
  • zuhbooze - Has Game
  • Truck / Rainbow - Has Game
  • n64gamer - Has Game
  • Bing - Has Game
  • Hector3436 - Has game
  • TheLonelyFatTart
List Updated 01/14/17

If I missed you on the above list please post and I'll add it asap. If you have not done so already please join our steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/3MOB_OGC
Squad Up With Us In Our Discord VoIP Server: https://discord.gg/6vnfTNR

Squad is an online, team-based military experience where high levels of teamwork and communication are crucial to success.

Features
  • Gameplay faster and more fluid than ARMA but slower and more engaging than Battlefield.
  • Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn't require a clan or private server to fully realize the potential of the gameplay.
  • Built in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available, with attenuated localized, intra-squad radio, and inter-squad command radio communications.
  • Showcase Deployables and Base Building which no other military FPS has.
  • The creation, defense, destruction and resupply of chained spawn positions in an overlapping and always fluid emergent chessboard designed in our maps.
  • Large scale maps up to 8km^2. (currently working with 2km and 4km maps)
  • High quality models and complex animations systems.
  • A very open development team with excellent community communication, and preparations in progress for mod support near retail release.
  • Essentially an "everything" game. Infantry/Logistics/Air Combat/CAS/Armor Warfare
Built from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4, Squad pits teams of up to 50 people against each other in intense modern day combined-arms combat scenarios. In this realistic environment, the flow of the game is dictated by the players, with organic and emergent gameplay reigning supreme.

Link to learn/read more. http://joinsquad.com/about
Purchase On Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380
Once Purchased - You Own Squad & Will NOT Need To Repurchase The Game For Beta or Full Release

Re: Squad - Interest Thread

I would definitely be interested. I have already tried to get some guys from my old Planetside 2 outfit to play but they are hesitant because of Early Access and the $39.99 price tag is a bit steep for some. But, I will buy the game as soon as we get some other people to show interest.

the $39.99 price tag is a bit steep for some. But, I will buy the game as soon as we get some other people to show interest.
I agree it's pricey for an early access game and no vehicles introduced just yet but.... count me in as soon as I can I'll be buying it. It's not like it's just another come and go FPS. It will have some staying power and already has a very strong community for such a game.

I "like some other guys in this group" are Project Reality vets and it's promising to see a stand alone launched and also witness the progress they are making on it. Not everyone's style of FPS for sure but... for those of us who crave and enjoy the "team-play" aspects of squad based game play like PR it may be a refreshing experience until the full release. I'm giving it a shot anyways. I'll keep you updated when I buy it. Thanks for posting.

Also, and I know this is probably a bit pre-mature, are you guys looking to possible host your own server on Squad if you do indeed get enough of your community interested and involved?
My vote would be yes. Traditionally we always have hosted for the games we've had enough of a following in. I'd say whatever the "group consensus" is at that point & obviously your part of that consensus now so... ha ha.

Well if/when we did opt for a community server I would definitely take you up on assuming an administrative role of server-side management. In the past I have always had to shoulder that role practically alone.

We have always had good in-game admin participation from the community but server-side responsibilities at times have become cumbersome on just myself. In BF3 we kept as many as 5 servers going so you can imagine the workload associated with that with only one guy doing the work.

In BF5 we kept a few going and for the first year (due to server-side bugs / performance issues frequent crashes etc. and player dumps-connection drops) it was not much fun at all. Rarely could I even enjoy a full game without having to stop and attend to something server-side.

We picked up another BF4 server a few months ago and after running it for a few months made a collective decision to drop it it. Active BF4 server availability (even at this late stage in the game's life cycle) is still very saturated. Lots of empty servers out there and it made no sense to pay for a server that was rarely being used by our group and considering the fact that we could play the game on someone else's dime it wasn't a hard call to make.

In BF3 we hosted/offered the #1 - #5 top ranked (most populated) BF3 servers in the world for almost a year straight. BF4 came along and due to the horrible server-side performance issues and crashes managing a server became a job rather than small task.

In summary, I do kinda what you do - but not dev for a game. I spend all day, sometimes 12-18 hours straight debugging code, bugs on sites, CMS, and building large eCommerce databases and the last thing I want to be forced into doing during what little free game time I have is thrust back into a tech environment during that "break".

Long story short... if/when we do you'll def be asked to help or assume as much of that as you want ha ha.

Well if/when we did opt for a community server I would definitely take you up on assuming an administrative role of server-side management. In the past I have always had to shoulder that role practically alone.
Well I will definitely do anything I can to help.
We picked up another BF4 server a few months ago and after running it for a few months made a collective decision to drop it it. Active BF4 server availability (even at this late stage in the game's life cycle) is still very saturated. Lots of empty servers out there and it made no sense to pay for a server that was rarely being used by our group and considering the fact that we could play the game on someone else's dime it wasn't a hard call to make.
This may still be the case in your community's case. There are a ton of servers out there. And more coming every day from clans or other communities that are purchasing servers from server providers. I think the largest draw for a lot of people is that they are able to control the maps/content/etc. as well as remove other players that are causing a disruption to their community.
In summary, I do kinda what you do - but not dev for a game. I spend all day, sometimes 12-18 hours straight debugging code, bugs on sites, CMS, and building large eCommerce databases and the last thing I want to be forced into doing during what little free game time I have is thrust back into a tech environment during that "break".

Long story short... if/when we do you'll def be asked to help or assume as much of that as you want ha ha.
Indeed. But I definitely wouldn't mind assisting as much or as little as you need me.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4766- ... er-manual/

Here is a link to the forums and the user manual, just to look through if you have some time. Its pretty large, so feel free to just browse through it.
So you can have a quick look at the controls, also if you are interested.
Awesome. Yes, I think I'll download this and print it out (especially the default controls image). I did hit the target range last night and spent about 15-20 min in a pub server. I was surprised at how fairly straightforward the set-up and settings customization went post install.

Made my personal preference changes (mapped to keyboard) quickly. I ABSOLUTELY want to play this with a group of our guys. The squad I got into last night was not a bad squad and communication from the SL and squad was spotty at best so... as I assumed success and fun in the game is highly dependent on the quality of communication within the sqaud you find yourself in. Can't wait to get you (Odin) in the sl role along with at least one or two others from our group playing a map.

Looking forward to good times in Squad!

Sooo, had a great time teaching GaWebDev the ropes in Squad. It is pretty simple, yet complex at the same time. This game works best when you have a a group of people that work well in tandem with each other. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

I look forward to fielding an entire 3MOB squad... or better yet, an entire team or at least multiple 3MOB squads. It would be great fun for all. Even losing a match can be a lot of fun if you get into the immersive tactics and gameplay that is involved as a part of Squad.