Community Member MIA Thread > Battlefield 1 Bringing You Back???

Our community has always had an open door / come & go as life or your choice dictates kind of approach to membership. That's the way it should be. Kinda like good family or a great friend that's always happy when you show up and no explanations are needed or expected when you stay away and return after an extended absence. To me personally that's the right approach with a gaming community like we have here.

So... with that being said sometimes I think it's OK to reach out and and simply ask; "How's it going?" "Is everything OK on your end?" This is one of those moments for me. I personally have been disconnected from actively participating in the community for an extended period of time and only recently have gotten back to "frequent status" so to speak.

Many of you I have gamed with for years. Regardless of whether you ever play another game of Battlefield with us as a community I'd still like to know how your doing. Hence this MIA (Missing In Action) thread. Yeah... I know you're not really missing but... I and many others DO miss seeing you around.

Please post if you consider your self to be MIA or at least a lot less active of recent. Thanks!

Re: Community Member MIA Thread

Hey Ga and everyone else! Hope you guys are well. Man, they have really turned things around with BF4. I guess it was shit or get off the pot time for the franchise with the way things launched! lol. It's like a new game almost with all the netcode changes and stuff.

I have been playing more recently. I still use the 3mob tag although I don't see many people from the clan on usually when I am playing. I hope to see you guys on, although I have been playing a lot of Rainbow Six:Siege lately. That game is really fun when it works!(sounds familiar). Anyone who is playing that send me an invite on Uplay my username is jmak909. Or message me on here!

This group has always been very welcoming and I've enjoyed the time I spent with you all.

Cheers guys! See you on the battlefield!

Oh somehow you got off my friends list GA. Not sure how that happened, sent you an invite again bro, hope to see you on. Are you playing Bf4 Ga? Don't see it in your games list.
Last edited by Itglows on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Been pretty MIA here. I think I have only jumped in game a few times in the last 6 months. I did buy the last 2 expacs when they were on sale for half off, so I am finally fully patched.

Been a rough year in our household. A couple mis-carriages and a brain tumor (benign, slow growing, so no immediate danger to my wife) have really thrown us out of whack. You either get broken by this sort of stuff or come out the other side stronger. Not trying to be a downer or complain, just want to let you guys know where I am at even though no explanations are needed.

Expecting baby number 3 in 3 months, so things are on the upswing. I have been playing a little (very little) bit of Battlefront but aside from the Star Wars feel BF4 is a much better game. I have a Battlefront LAN party Saturday so I guess I will actually need to get a bit of rank so I am not smoked right out of the chute.

I'm still here, though I've moved pretty far away from the Battlefield series at this point. I stream on twitch three days a week and am on my 4th month of it. Hopefully God willing, one day, it will be a full time thing. If anyone wants to drop by and say hi, or hop in a game with us feel free to! twitch.tv/laughinwhale .I keep in contact with Zuhbooze every so often, and have talked to Pharma. But I miss the rest of ya'!

This group has always been very welcoming and I've enjoyed the time I spent with you all.

Cheers guys! See you on the battlefield!

Oh somehow you got off my friends list GA. Not sure how that happened, sent you an invite again bro, hope to see you on. Are you playing Bf4 Ga? Don't see it in your games list.
Great to hear from you! Yeah I accepted the request. Just the Origin limit on friends causes me to have to pick and chose when we get new active players in that send a request. I'm playing both 3 & 4. As of recent updates to the game I'm spending more time in BF4 than ever. As you stated it's finally a "good FPS" gaming experience... for me at least.
Not trying to be a downer or complain, just want to let you guys know where I am at even though no explanations are needed.
So good to hear from you as well my friend. Not that you want empathy or sympathy... but my heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers and well wishes I'm sending your way.
Keep your chin up and count those blessings even though it may seem they are few. Always helps me keep life and the curves it throws into a healthy perspective. I really appreciate you checking in. Keep on keeping on...
I'm still here, though I've moved pretty far away from the Battlefield series at this point. I stream on twitch three days a week and am on my 4th month of it. Hopefully God willing, one day, it will be a full time thing. If anyone wants to drop by and say hi, or hop in a game with us feel free to! twitch.tv/laughinwhale .I keep in contact with Zuhbooze every so often, and have talked to Pharma. But I miss the rest of ya'!
Dude... I was just watching some of your streams the other night. Good stuff brother! Miss seeing you around as well.
I am still alive and well. I have just so busy with teaching high school, college and working on my masters. However, I should be done in the next few weeks to free up some time.

Dark_Soul.....

Hey man... can't argue with that agenda. Congrats!!! Don't be a stranger. Hop in TS3 sometime and you can tell RJ that your self. Ha Ha. Miss having you around.

Hey all,

MIA from computer gaming is the story of my life. I rarely find time to sit down in front of a computer these days.

I took up Crossfit and coaching my kids YMCA teams. Spend weekends going to minor league hockey games or watching movies with my wife.

Sounds like they may have fixed the netcode problems with BF4, so maybe next time I get a minute I will hop online.

I hope you all are doing well.

Copa

Re: Battlefield Community Member MIA Thread

Hey all,

MIA from computer gaming is the story of my life. I rarely find time to sit down in front of a computer these days.

I took up Crossfit and coaching my kids YMCA teams. Spend weekends going to minor league hockey games or watching movies with my wife.

Sounds like they may have fixed the netcode problems with BF4, so maybe next time I get a minute I will hop online.

I hope you all are doing well.

Copa
Hey man. Good hearing from you. Sounds like you've been successful at getting the "real" priorities in life in a good working order. Happy for you. I would not say it's fixed but they have found a way to mitigate the issue to the point that it's likely about as good as it's going to get. It is much better in my opinion though. Most of the frustration I do experience now in-game is just related to getting older and oftentimes server performance / networking issues. Very good hearing from you.

Hi to all,

Nice to hear from all of you and hope you are leading healthy lives, mentally and physically. I came back to BF4 last month and have been playing infantry servers with PowerTaco and the pS guys. Miss when we you used to do the community Sundays and play BF3. I do not know why but it was one of those events that made you think damn, you can connect with people even when they are not with you physically. I was disconnected for the past three weeks due to me being in Florida and away from the PC. Now I hopped back to the infantry servers. Every now and then I hop in to the TS channel and contribute to the finances whenever the need arises. Hoping to see more members of the community return, all of us playing together again (and me getting the knack to play vehicles again!)

Hi to all,

Now I hopped back to the infantry servers. Hoping to see more members of the community return, all of us playing together again (and me getting the knack to play vehicles again!)
Hey Hector. So glad you posted and great to hear from you.

I will def be up for infantry only any time. Have had a blast recently with the SR338 in this no explosives, no smoke, no flares metro with the group recently. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/se ... S-Fast-XP/

I really like the Dragon Valley Map as well and go mostly infantry playing that as well. I like the island flag run G-H and have fun with the SR338 as well. Hope to see you around soon.

Hey, guys! I know I've only spent a short time with you guys before, but I know you guys are pretty cool and fun to hangout with. I've since moved to a new job that is quite demanding, at least initially from what I'm told and should be more manageable the more I understand how things work. To be honest, I was kinda surprised by the MIA email. With so much on my mind, I haven't even thought about you guys.

Going back to Battlefield, I haven't played it in quite awhile as I normally tend to play the new stuff that comes out when I get a chance. Games like Metal Gear Solid V, Batman Arkham Knight, and now Rainbow Six Siege and Halo 5. I did play Hardline for awhile, but it really didn't do much for me.

Are you guys still repping BF4? Have you guys branched out into other games?

Gentlemen,

It's been quite some time. Happy to hear most of us are still doing well and are able to revisit the site and post what's been going on in our lives. Unfortunately, life has many roads and we're unable to all travel the same path, though we'll never forget the road we all shared so many good times together.

For me personally, the gaming scene has been placed on the back burner. I still visit the site from time to time and keep in contact with a few 3MOB members. Work has been an uphill battle the past year due to my company going through boat loads of layoffs and relocation's which ultimately landed me on the dreaded 3rd shift. The 25th of this month I'll be moving back to the normal first shift which should allow for more opportunity to play.

Itglows: Nice avatar man, those Panthers are doing something pretty remarkable in the NHL this year, too bad those damn Canucks ended that 12 game winning streak.

Whale: What's up homie, I try to hop in your stream once a week for support. For those of you who don't know his stream twitch id, stop by sometime and show your love (twitch.tv/laughinwhale) He's a very good streamer and quite the entertainer. Whale is very good at giving shoutouts to players he's known, especially 3MOB. He frequently plays games with his viewers and I can personally vouch that every time I join his stream he gives me and the 3MOB community a shout out.

Mark: Couldn't have said this better:
Our community has always had an open door / come & go as life or your choice dictates kind of approach to membership. That's the way it should be. Kinda like good family or a great friend that's always happy when you show up and no explanations are needed or expected when you stay away and return after an extended absence. To me personally that's the right approach with a gaming community like we have here.
You're a stand up guy and what you've done for this community is first-class. I've not come across a better guy for the job in the online scene. I foresee this community lasting a long time even though the games 3MOB supports have had it's fair share of ups and downs. Hoping to get some solid gaming in with you here in the near future when time allows.

To the rest, I wish you the best and cheers.

Hoping to get some solid gaming in with you here in the near future when time allows.
Hey Jason... good to hear that report. Thanks for the vote of confidence and while I may be an ideal guy to lead a successful online community I've always been aware of the fact that it all comes back to having guys just like you at the core of a great group. Have always enjoyed gaming with you and look forward to seeing you around when time/life permits. Thanks for replying to the thread.
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't really been playing computer games the past year, thinking of getting bf4 up and running again though.
Good to hear all is well on your end Thomas. Yep... the game is better than when you last played and several new maps have been introduced. Hop back in when you can... I'm sure it'll be fun.

Hello from a new member! I havent been able to play from anyone in this group yet, but still looking forward to it whenever it happens! I'm still a little unclear how to team up with anyone from this group. When I visited the TS session, all the chat rooms seemed to be empty.
Hey Driver... perhaps the best way to see if anyone in our community is actively playing BF3 or BF4 is to do this:

Go here (our platoon on battlelog) and request to join if you have not already done so: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/pl ... 750482008/

Once you're in that group, at any time you can revisit the platoon page and click on the "servers tab" top of page and if any members are in a server they will be listed there along with the server they are playing in.

I don't think the "view server tab" is available for BF3 but feel free to join us there as well by clicking join or request to join here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/pl ... 550685692/

Hope some of that helps. I've been on a good bit playing the past couple of weeks although usually after 8-9 PM EST.